I just know I'm on the verge of being one of the "cool moms" in the neighborhood...well, at least with my daughters friends and only for today.
I've listened to my friend go on and on about her daughter (now 12) and how her daughter's friends just love her and think the world of her. I've heard all about the interesting conversations they have with each other. It all seemed so neat and yet, so distant. I've always wondered if *I* would be so lucky to have that kind of relationship with my own daughter and even have her friends, well, like me.
Tonight, Chloe had two of her little friends come over after Irish Dance. We were in the kitchen talking about "clubs" and the pro's and con's of having a club while I made them popcorn. I even chirped up with some of my womenly/motherly wisdom for them. They even responded and kept the conversation going. The fact that they are seven does not cancel this out. Right?
So...either I'm *cool* or maybe I'm just a mom who was in a good mood this evening. Do you think only having my two middle children at home with me had anything to do with my gleeful mood?
Could be.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment