Monday, June 19, 2006

A new week!

Today is the start of a new week and I am determined to make it successful! I started out the morning with an orange and a bowl of cereal. GO ME!

I'm getting ready to start on my first mug of water, so no matter what the scale says tonight...I'll be right on track for the rest of the week.

Last night I went through my closet...AGAIN. I went through everything that was either too big and/or made me look fat or old. I ended up with 2 piles up to my knees. I pulled out a bag of clothing that my friend gave me several months ago. None of the jeans fit me when she gave them to me (16/18)....I couldn't even close them enough to button. Last night they fit! I couldn't believe it! I didn't even have my cami on, so those couple pairs that felt a bit snug will fit me perfectly with the cami!! :) YAY! By the time it's cool enough to wear jeans...I'll be swimming in them.

A few months ago I even tried on a pair of Robs jeans...hoping they would fit. They didn't and I remember telling myself, "I WILL fit into his clothing again!". Last night, I tried on those same jeans and they fit loosely. I am extremely happy. It's been many, many years since I've been able to fit into his clothing...no matter how our sizes changed.

I'm still on Cloud 9 about wearing size 16. For the first time in a years, I put on my size 16 Capri's and 1X sheer top (with cami underneath), blew my hair straight and applied make-up. I felt wonderful! When I walked into church several people approached me and gave me compliments on how great I looked. When my pastor's wife saw me, she said "You look RAVISHING!" I received many more compliments that day, all of which made me tingle all over. One of the best compliments was from my husband. After church and brunch, we went swimming at my mom's. I wore my swimsuit (tank/shorts style), but I didn't add the extra shirt over it. He told me he was proud of me later that evening. :) He does notice the little things!! Thanks honey!

Oh! I have to add a funny! Yesterday when I dove into the pool my shorts came down past my butt. I'm going to have to be really careful from now on....or maybe splurge and get a new pair of swim shorts when they go on clearance. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I do notice...
I'm still pissed about the PUBRA...
oh well, I will buy new one
Love ya

Lorri said...

Haha! I forgot about the PUBRA (Push up bra). I'm sorry it's too big on me now....but you can buy me a new one from Victora's Secret!! Matching panties, too!