I have officially gone down one more size!
Yesterday, I tried on size 18 capri's and thought that they fit well. Last night when I tried them on for Rob, I realized I was wrong. In 5 lbs I'll be swimming in them and of course the larger the size the bigger the legs and I've never had a problem with my legs...it's my midsection. I've also spent too many years in elastic waist or baggy clothing for comfort.
Today, with 4 year old in tow, I went back to M&F to see if I could get a smaller size. They didn't have a 16, but Downtown did...and so they are holding them for me until tomorrow. YAY! I wanted to see what a size 16 would fit like so I grabbed a size 16 off the rack (same designer) and tried it on.
I let out an audible gasp as they buttoned with ease with both the cami pulled down and up!!!
So...now I'm a SIXTEEN! ONE-SIX! 16!
I'm a 16, I'm a 16!
Some of the other 16's were just slighty too snug, but I don't care! I fit into 16's. I can't expect all designers to have my perfect size or for everything size 16 to fit perfectly.
I was just telling my friend, Stephanie, that I can now go shopping with my girl friends. Before, I would go "shopping", but I would just follow my friend(s) around as they looked because I didn't want to waste their time looking in the plus size section. I always felt embaressed and even though those times were meant for me to get out of the house, I always came home depressed and grumpy. Sometimes I'd even cry.
I feel so much happiness right now. I'm happy to have new clothing, but it's much more than new things. It's the realization that I AM losing weight and I no longer have to say I wear a size 22!!
::HAPPY TEARS::
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment