I finally made the plunge and joined Weight Watchers. Yesterday was my 2nd day on the flex program and I did okay, I guess. It was really hard for me to get in all my points. I am given 28 pts per day, plus I can use 35 extra points that I have for the week (if I want to).
This is what I had Tuesday:
Breakfast: (approximately 3-4 pts)
4 small bites of oatmeal (no kidding!) I put a tiny drop of butter and brown sugar in it and I did cook it with milk.
half a cup of hot cocoa
half a slice of bread with a tiny (less than teaspoon) amount of butter
Lunch: (5 pts)
Large glass of water
left over lasagna (one serving)
Banana (2 pts)
Dinner: (probably about 14 pts)
Salad w/ 2 Tyson Buffalo chicken strips
about 4 servings of steamed broccoli
I knew I had a few points left so I put on about 3 TBSP of ranch dressing.
I didn't eat all of the salad or chicken. And there was a glob of ranch dressing on the side...so I imagine I only ate 2 TBSP of dressing.
At 2 pm, I couldn't take another bite of anything. I still had 5 fruits and/or veggies, oil, 4 glasses of water and my dinner to go. By 6 pm I was starting to feel hungry. Rob was helping the kids with homework and I was nursing my very sore legs. It snowed here last night, so I was feeling the arthritis in my joints. OUCH! We didn't end up eating until about 8:45 after we put the kids to bed.
I gave in and told my friend, Stephanie, that I had joined WW. I wasn't going to tell anyone just in case I failed. Anyway, She has been doing WW since November '05 and attends meetings near me, so we're going together on Monday nights. How fun!!! I'm excited because I have two friends who are currently on WW and both are doing great. They're experienced members (in my book) and have proven that WW does work. I know I'll need thier support.
I will have to say adieu to the Beyond Survival group that meets on Mondays, but I'm totally okay with that. Two of the women dropped out and now it's basically only me with two other leaders. I'll definately keep going through the book and maybe I can get them to meet an hour earlier, so that I can attend both. The world revolves around me, right?
I'm off to take Caleb to preschool....then come back home and hopefully get some cleaning done.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Weight Watchers is an excellent program! You will do good and lose weight. I have heard to make sure you eat in your point range - not below it or your body goes into starvation mode. Another journal I follow, Linda's Thotful Spot, she's lost close to 100 pounds on Weight Watchers since last April.
You can do this :)
betty
I think it's great you told a friend, the support from her will do you wonders!
Good luck on your WW journey.
Post a Comment