'Huckleberry' let me copy this. :) This is just what I needed. It's a wonderful outline of things to pray for, especially when the words and thoughts don't come. I hope you can take this and use it, too.
Thanks Huckleberry!!! :o)
Prayer for my kids.
Please be working in my child, both to will and to do your good pleasure. (Phil 2:13)
Please work in him what is well pleasing to you. (Heb. 13:21)
Bring him to his senses. (Luke 15:17 NIV)
Deliver him from evil. (Matt. 6:13)
I do not pray than you would take him out of the world, but that you would keep him from the evil one… Sanctify him by your truth (Jn. 17:15-17)
Lord, draw my child. Draw him out of many waters and deliver him from the strong enemy. (Psalm 18:16-17)
Draw him to yourself with loving kindness, with gentle cords, with hands of love. (Jer. 31:3, Hos. 11:4)
Lord, Lord, Satan has desired my child, to sift him like wheat. But I pray for him, that his faith should not fail. May he return to you, and afterwards, be a strength to many. (Luke 22:31-32)
Have mercy upon your child, O God, according to your loving kindness. Cleanse him from sin. Create in him a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within him. (Psalm 51:2,10)
Lord, plant my child’s feet squarely on the Highway of Holiness. Teach him your ways and may he walk in your paths. May his ears hear a word behind him saying, “This is the way, walk in it.” whenever he turns to the right hand or to the left. Make the crooked places in his life straight and the rough laces smooth. (Isaiah 35:8; 2:3; 30:21; 40:4)
Prayer from Proverbs:
Lord Jesus, please grant my child….
The good sense to choose friends carefully. (12:26)
The wisdom to act prudently (13:16)
Godly fear (14:26)
A wholesome tongue (15:4)
Slowness to anger (15:18)
Diligence and in industriousness (10: 4-5)
Honesty (11:1)
Direction in his steps (16:9)
Wariness of alcohol (20:1)
Purity of heart (22:11)
A tender conscience (20:27)
Wise counsel from others (24:6)
An excellent life’s partner (12:4)
Thursday, January 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that is so awesome! I just wrote an entry in my journal about praying for my son and how I pray the most for him. I love this outline :)
betty
Post a Comment