
This is my right arm. Looks wonderful, eh?
Um.....I guess we can safely say this isn't "Ringworm", dontcha think?
It is hereby dubbed..."Lorri's Mysterious Rash".
It started out as a small little red spot (where the big ring is) and slowly, over a few weeks time, grew into the big spot you see. Just when I thought that was it....well....um....yeah, pictures do speak louder than words.
I've also had quite a few pop up on my left arm and both hands now, too. It really isn't as bad as it looks.....at least in the discomfort department. I haven't experienced any pain or itching associated with the rash....it's just very ugly to look at.
I whined to Rob last night about how I looked like a polka-dotted monster.......or something to that effect. He's been very compassionate and supportive and is always handing out huge hugs to cheer me up. I'm so grateful for him.
When I just had the EN, and it started to fade when I was on prednisone, I kind of felt like nobody thought I was still sick. It's very hard to have something wrong and not have many outward signs....you feel like people think you're a hypochondriac or you're faking for attention. It really eats at you. I'm not laying up in bed or about to die (as far as I know), but my body is obviously going through things it's never experienced before. I am more tired, emotional, I experience painful arthritis, swollen legs, Erythema Nodosum symptoms, etc.
On top of all that, I don't know what is causing my illness and that can just mess with your head, lemme tell ya. I can't accept that I have "Idiopathic EN", which is what I was diagnosed with back in September. Something caused me to get very ill and then have EN and now these new red spots. It has also caused my liver enzyme tests to be elevated and they have only increased since I first got sick on August 30th. Even after all that prednisone I took....my numbers are increasing...which is not good. I'll have been sick for FOUR months come December 30th!!! That's a long time to be sick for someone who thought the 24 hour flu was bad. Heck, I'd take that over this anyday.

1 comment:
I was looking for information on the internet for pictures for a rash just like yours! I'm not the only one! I've had the rash a few times where it has been all over my chest and back and occasionally on my face. I always seem to have at least one red ring somewhere. i have been to the several different doctors and they each tell me something different. Along with extreme fatigue and excrucitiating arm pain I am healthy. I feel like I should give up on doctors, I hope you get some better answers than I did!
Post a Comment