
Today, two things made me feel joy. One was Irish Dance class for Chloe & Casey and the other was watching my 12 year old twins at hockey practice.

This picture was taken in Spring 2005.
Isn't she adorable in her ghillies!!
Chloe enrolled in the American Dance Academy's Irish Dance program in 2004. She took Irish Dance for approximately 1 year before I decided it would be in her best interest to move her to a certified school. We attended the Salt Lake Feis (pronounced Fesh) in June 2005 and I met Jill Crawford of Crawford School of Irish Dance. I was immediately hooked and after several attempts to attend a trial class, we finally made it in September 2005.
A couple days later, Casey told me that he wanted to do Irish dance. (I'll post a picture of him this weekend) I did a double take and said, "You do??!" He has amazed everyone!! He is the only boy in his class currently, though there are two more in another class across town. He is also the only boy that attends performances, it seems. He doesn't mind one bit! Can you blame him? What with all those girls!!! They all fight to dance with him!! I'm so proud!!
Chloe and Casey started CSID in September. Chloe will have performed in 7 performances by the end of the year and Casey will have 3 under his belt. Both are also going to start "hard shoe" in January 2006. In order to begin 'hard shoe' each beginner must learn the first 4 basic dances.

This is the "Ghillie" or "soft shoe".
The socks you see are called 'poodle socks'.
Well, that's about all I have for you this evening. I'll probably write about Irish Dancing so much, you just might feel nauseus. Nah....who could ever get sick of hearing about Irish Dance??!!
Oh...hockey!! Sorry, I get carried away at times.
The twins have a hockey game this weekend. I'll have my mom snap a few photos and I'll post about hockey and that Joy soon.


2 comments:
That is so neat! I admire your kids for wanting to learn how to dance like this.
I found your blog through Robin over at "These are the Days of Our Lives".
betty
How cute, I love irish dancing!
You are not alone. I was abused in many ways as a child and its a scary world to be in. I'm 38 and recently a therapist told me I was still in "survival" mode and given the great life I have, that I can stop surviving now and start living. Its hard to break free of survival mode. I dont know where God was when I was a kid either, and I had psychological abuse by a religious fanatic (my dad) and so now I am so confused by the idea of God.
Anyway, I like your journal.
Debi
http://debidoesblogs.blogspot.com/
http://debsfreakydreams.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment