Monday, July 17, 2006

packing. packing. more packing.

Friday came and went and the weekend flew by just as quickly. We accomplished a lot this past weekend, which I am grateful for.

Saturday we went to Clinton, Utah for an Irish Dance performance. The kids were amazing as usual. We brought home a new family member, a kitten!! Her name is Ghillie and she's probably about 10 weeks old. She's adorable and very playful!
Saturday afternoon, we drove up to where we wanted to build our house and we were able to put money down to hold the lot. We're excited about that!

Sunday we finished the basement completely...well, except for moping the kitchen floor, but it's a small area, so no biggie. It was a ton of work and I'm glad it's done. I look at it now and think, "we should just stay here...it's so nice!" LOL
We visited the church that Rob does worship at. It is a nice church...small, but nice. I think this Sunday we will check out Shadow Mountain. A friend of mine goes there, so maybe we'll cross paths.

This week starts VBS (Vacation Bible School) for my children and packing for me. We've made a lot of progress. I'm taking full advantage of getting the house together while they are gone for 3 hours. I packed and sorted through the upstairs kitchen, pantries and laundry room today. I have just a bit more to do...maybe an hours worth. Then I will head to my bedroom closet. Once that is done, I'll just have to go through all the cabinets under the sinks and the packing will be done. Until the house sells. Then, I'll be packing the rest of our stuff.

Tomorrow, I have to find a storage unit big enough to hold all our stuff .....

I just have to add that while typing this Lilo (our first cat) attacked Ghilie. In order to keep her safe, I've placed her convienently on top of my kitchen countertop with me. She is currently attacking my fingers as I type and thinks she's an amazing hunter with the speed and agility of a cougar. She crouches down behind a glass or box and slyly approaches me...crawling...inching her way towards my moving fingers and then....POUNCE!!! It's so funny...I've had to delete quite a few letters as she pounces on the keys.

......then I need to check out my........

Omgosh..it's World War III going on here. Guess I'll have to finish my task list another time. Any ideas on how to get two kittys to like each other?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a BIG DOG....

Anonymous said...

LOL Rob!