Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Busy-Busy

Yesterday was my weekly weigh in at Weight Watchers. I did not expect the scale to read 201.6. I lost 3.8 lbs in one week! Granted, I did stay the same one week and gain .4 the second week, but still...that's an awesome loss!!

I did not stay on program, but I did make a couple changes. I switched to Fat Free milk and for some reason, I actually like it. I could never drink the 2% I would always buy...it made my stomach cramp and just tasted gross. My kids don't like it that much, but I think it's better for all of us to make the switch. I feel like I ate more food this week.....some of it was higher point meals. I'm not quite sure what made the loss so big, but I'll take it either way and Thank God for such a big boost in my self-esteem.

I don't think this made much of a difference, but I did jog that one evening. I plan on jogging tonight even if it is just a few houses away. My good friend, Stephanie, suggested that I walk for a few minutes and jog a few. Switching back and forth the whole time.

I wore my black capri's that my mom bought me and I paired it with one of my favorite shirts. I'll have to take a picture of it and post it here. Everyone complimented me on my outfit. They said I looked great and a few even called me "skinny". WOW! I mean, I am far from skinny, but gosh it feels so good to know that I will soon no longer be OBESE. People don't look at me as obese, but for my height and weight...I am. They measure this by your BMI (Body Mass Index).
BMI Ranges: Experts generally consider a BMI below 20 to be underweight and a BMI of 20 to 25 to be healthy. BMIs of 25 to 30 are generally considered overweight while a BMI over 30 is generally considered very overweight (obese).

My BMI when I started Weight Watchers was 38. I am now 34. When I reach 182, I'll be 30. Just 19.6 lbs to go!! Then, when I reach 150 (my goal), I'll be 25.

As Rob and I were cleaning out the basement, I ran across my old Weight Watcher's folder. Inside was my first ever weight loss tracker. I started at 207 and quit 6 weeks later at 202. I weigh less now!! TWENTY-NINE pounds feels GREAT!

We got so much done today. The basement looks awesome. Tomorrow I will finish the final cleaning/vacuuming/packing that I need to, but it should only take me about 30 mintues total to do the basement. Then, I'll move up here and bust my butt before we leave to take the kids to Irish Dance. I have about 30 loads of laundry to do, packing my curio cabinet items ,straightening up my room & Chloe's room, packing a few boxes of stuff we don't need until we move and then straightening up the rest of the house. That should keep me quite busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude.. you looked HOT on Monday! :D I'm so proud of you!!

Melodee said...

Congratulations! You are so close to Onderland . . . I bet you get there in the next week or two!