Ever since I came to know Jesus Christ, I have wanted *my* cross. A cross that I could wear everyday, for any occasion. It had to be sturdy and not too thin. It couldn't look fashionable or have any stones on it. It had to be plain, but not your standard cross. Oh, and most importantly, it had to be silver. I had something in my mind, but it was more of a thought or a feeling, and not a picture that I could draw and make come to life. If that makes any sense.I just knew I would know it when I saw it.
Both Rob and I have looked for years trying to find the PERFECT cross. For special holidays he would purchase me one and I'd hang my head and say, "It's not *my* cross". Luckily, I have a very understanding husband who could sympathize with my plight. Even I bought a cross and ended up taking it back the next day. I would browse through online jewelry stores, in Christian store displays and catalogues and in any store that had a jewelry department. I would look at crosses on complete strangers, too. Nothing fit. Nothing seemed right.
That is until I was reading my favorite blog about a year ago and there it was. Hanging around the neck of this beautiful little girl, who I've come to adore. (scroll down to April 17th "(APOTDWMIA #10)". I fell in love with the cross, but since it was only available online, I waited until I was infinitely sure I wouldn't want to return it.
The beginning of this month I finally made the decision. Even though I didn't find it first, I knew it could be *my* cross, too. I sent the link to Rob at work and this is what I received in the mail today. I am so excited! It's just what I've wanted, but couldn't put into words or pictures. I feel complete now.
My Man is the best!!! Thank you sweetie!!!

1 comment:
It is beautiful.
Post a Comment