This past Monday, I weighed in and lost 2 lbs. Unfortunately, today, I'm on day 32 of my cycle....which means....I'm crampy, bloated, crabby and most of all WHINEY!!
Poor Rob. He just can't escape it. "Honeeeeeey, my baaaack hurrrrts." And I wonder where my daughter gets her incessant whining. Speaking of whining. Do you know the saying, "You get back what you give to your parents"? Or something like that. Um...tell me...how can whining be "revenge" when your parents never heard you whine because they are deaf? I just don't see the fairness it all of that. Talking behind your back, getting away with *some* things because they couldn't hear...I can see the "REVENGE" in that, but whining? My mom got off easy in that area....however, I'm quite sure I made up for the vocal whines by adding in more facial pouts.....the ever dramatic child. I have one of those...his name is Braden. You can tell when he's not really sick or hurt because his facial expressions are so....um....dramatic and yes, fake.
okay anyway, back to me and my menstrual cycle.....
I imagine I'll be floating from water weight gain come next Monday.......guess I better start increasing my water intake now. I was hoping to earn my 10 lbs come Monday, but seeing as my body doesn't like to stick to a normal menstrual schedule, I doubt that will happen.
I'm craving chocolate, salty anything and I'm just plain "SNACKY". Do you know how hard it is to be on WW during this time? It's HELL. Somehow, talking myself into 10 baby carrots just doesn't cut it. And wouldn't you know, I don't have any points left for today...including flex points. This IS a curse.....damn you EVE!
Aside from Internet issues keeping me from posting an update, I've been computer lazy this past week or so. I don't think I've been doing much around the house, except for just trying to get the day to day tasks done. I've been trying to sneak in a nap each day, but I've only succeeded once and it's Thursday. All of my kids have had strep throat at some point in the past month. Chloe and Brenden are on antibiotics at the moment and Braden is taking another dose of meds because he started having a sore throat again. Chloe was the last to have any symptoms and they were pretty mild....nothing that would send even the most over protective parent to the doctor. Even Caleb...he only had a hoarse throat for a day and if it weren't for Brenden complaining and having a fever, I'd probably have dismissed it as a symptom of his constant screaming. However, his strep test came back positive and they had to send Brenden's to culture. Weird eh? I've had to up my daily maintenance antibiotic up this week too. My throat was very mildly scratchy for 2 days....possibly from all my yelling too, but after putting a call into my rheumatologist, he said MOST DEFINATELY increase your dosage if you have a sore throat. Okie-dokie. If I get a major strep infection, I will know because I'll get EN again. I believe that is how my body will tell me, since I never seem to have any other symptoms except for fatigue. I'm a mother of 5 children...when don't I feel fatigued??
I did go to bible study on Wednesday and to make a long blog short, I am going in for counseling and Rob and I are getting some parent coaches to help us with some problems we're having lately. Makes you want to go to bible study, huh? LOL Let me just add that I finally see hope....it's at the end of a long tunnel, but it's there. Before it was a huge black hole. I'll take hope over black holes any day.
Our assistant pastor said I had a healthy view about what was going on. Which is comforting, sort of. How can I be comforted by my apparent "healthy view" when it's obvious I have the head knowledge (common sense) to SEE what is going on, why it's going on, but I have absolutely NO tools to find any resolution? I really can't discuss much more at this point. Mostly, because I don't want to discuss it until I'm able to be more clear about my thoughts.
Well, I'm off to bed. I promise to post more just as soon as I can get the cable back and kiss ancient dial-up goodbye.
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Strep.. yucky! We've been sick here too.
I hope AF hurrys up so you can be done with the bloat. I hate that!
Lorri, ALL children whine! I'm pretty sure even Adam and Eve had to cope with it. The one good thing about being deaf back then was not having to hear it....BUT one could SEE it and trust me that was probably more annoying than hearing it. Children test us as parents to see how far they can get (they keep repeating cuz they have such short memories - smile)...ever notice they never do it to grandparents? With us they are much more subtle.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment