Thursday, October 05, 2006

There is Hope in sadness

In the last few days I have been watching my favorite authors website for a personal note about the Nickle Mines, PA school shootings.

Here it is:

NOTE: My family and I are deeply saddened by the recent tragedy in my beloved homeland, Lancaster County, PA. I am, however, heartened by the knowledge that the strong faith of the Amish people (particularly those families touched by this loss) will remain firmly rooted in their unwavering belief in God's sovereignty. That they are already demonstrating mercy and forgiveness, qualities I have long admired among my dear Amish friends, is beautiful evidence of God's grace and goodness. My prayer is that the Lord Jesus' presence will surround every family affected by these events, especially during this week of deep grief.

"The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy." —Psalm 103:8


~Beverly Lewis

No comments: