September 1st was my 32nd Birthday! I had lots of surprises this year. My hubby had planned to take me to a baseball game and even though I wasn't too happy about it, I eventually resigned myself to the idea of 7 innings watching our great American pasttime (minus Major League standing). However, while we were on our way to the park, I noticed he wasn't driving to where I thought the park was. I even asked him if they had gotten a new stadium. He parked at a Japanese resturant and we went inside. My mom & my husbands family were all there waiting to surprise me. We had a good night and I even tried a tuna roll. During the week, my friend surprised me with a salon quality hair straightener and some straightening hair wax. Another friend gave me a very pretty cooking oil bottle with matching plates for dipping bread. My husband bought me some perfume from Hollister, which I absolutely love!! I haven't had perfume in YEARS.....I think the last time he bought me anything was when we were first married and I wore Design.
Last Tuesday, at Weight Watchers, I finally weighed in at 201 even. That was after celebrating my 32nd Birthday and starting my cycle. It was a good day for me. I'm still wondering if I'll ever hit ONEderland....it seems like it's been forever. Maybe I'll appreciate it that much more when I do though. I can't wait to be in the 190's.......I'm ready. Do you hear that body? I'm ready!
On Labor Day, my mother took me out to buy clothes (for my Birthday). Thanks mom!!! I nervously went to Kohl's, certain I would have to shop in the plus size section. I decided not to even venture over to the larger sizes though and eventually found a few items in misses I wanted to try on. I pulled both 16's and 14's in the items I wanted and was extremely surprised to find that I fit into the 14's. They were a bit tight and nothing I could wear right NOW, so I tried on the 16's and they fit perfectly. This is amazing to me because even though I have fit into 16's for some time now, Kohl's has always had me wearing a size bigger than what I would normally wear. I remember last winter when I went to Kohl's. I grabbed a size 22 and it didn't even fit. I was so depressed. I tried on several things, just to be sure and each one was the same. Too tight, couldn't even button/zip. I remember trying on a 24 and having it fit comfortably. I wanted to cry. Each size I would wear, I'd say to myself, "this is the largest size I will ever wear! I will NEVER wear ___" I said it with my shirts, too. However, it wasn't long before I was stretching some of my 3X shirts to fit me better around my tummy & butt. My mom bought me 2 pairs of pants, a hooded shirt, a sweater and a new bra.
Speaking of bra's....I've shrunk from a size 42DD to a 40DDD. Yes, that's right...a 40 TRIPLE D!! I'm going the WRONG way in cup size....my body doesn't seem to understand what I want. It just doesn't listen to my brain. Stubborn.
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday!! Wahoo on the size 16's from Kohls! ROFL on the bra, that's so me! My chest is always the last place I lose weight from! Shoot last year I'd lost 40 lbs before we moved here and my bra size had barely changed (not enough for me to justify buying new bras!)
I've lost 18 lbs so far, in about 2 months. I'm hoping to lose another 15-20 lbs by the time Chad gets home in about 6 weeks. I'm hopeful I can do it. I will still be soooo far from my ultimate goal, but another 20 is just that and since we're hoping to have another baby at least I know that if I just gain that 20, it'll come off easy and I plan to walk everyday through out my pregnancy (if and when I get pg) so that hopefully the weight will be slow to go on and fast to come off!
I look forward to the day I'm in 16's! :)
Congratulations! The cup size is the same in a 40DDD bra as in a 42DD. When you go down a band size, the cup size gets smaller too! So you're at least staying the same, not getting bigger :-)
Girl, I knew you would have a great birthday week. I am so proud of you. You are approaching Onederland. Maybe you are waiting for me? NO, just kidding. I know you can do it!!! We really need to plan a walking night every week that we get together. I have to say that it was really nice to have someone over the age of 16 to talk to about personal stuff.
YOU ARE THE BOMB
Joenette
Congratulations, Lorri!
(And maybe this is weird, but email me if you'd like some hand-me-down bras, barely used.)
(Shrinkingmom@gmail.com)
Post a Comment