I absolutely love Irish Dancing. I love to watch it, encourage my children in it and now I love to do it. Yesterday was my third week and while the lack of coordination and endurance are difficult for me, with time I'll overcome those obstacles.
As I was driving home from dance yesterday, I realized something that was very profound (for me). Irish Dance is not EXERCISE. How can something so fun be called exercise? It can't. I called my husband and talked his ear off about all of this. He didn't say much, but I'm sure he was wondering why I just barely thought of this now. I'm a little slow....okay?
I've decided to set aside 30 minutes every day to PRACTICE my steps and technique. If I do this, I won't have to worry about joining some gym to lose weight. I'll just increase the length and intensity of my practices when I need to. By December, I'm hoping to be working up to an hour each day while my kids are in school.
Maybe I'll even perform after I reach my goal weight (150 lbs or less) or maybe you'll hear about me competing in my very first feis towards the end of next year. I can take this as far as I want and it will only help me feel better about myself (doing something I thought I couldn't) and it will be helping me lose weight and tone up, too. What more could I ask for?
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Lorrie
I want to see a picture of you woman! You have to look just so great!!!!
Sounds like a great plan!
Post a Comment