Everyone needs one, right?
Monday evening I weighed in at Weight Watchers. I wasn't shocked because I have been weighing myself every day....multiple times....since buying that damn scale. I knew I was up and I didn't know why. The official gain was +2.4 lbs. OUCH!
I approached the scale boldly professing my new committment to NEVER exercise again. Whispering to myself how stupid I was to start exercising...all it's done is cause me to gain weight. The weigh-in lady laughed and then asked me if I was eating my activity points.
Huh? Eat my activity points? You mean those points that I earn for busting my butt 3-4 times a week? HE** NO I don't eat those points. I felt proud of myself for not gorging myself like a pig just because I worked out hard. What's the point, right? I earn about 7 points every time I do water aerobics and 9 points every time I do Irish Dance. That's about 4 lbs of fruit or 3 cookies.
She smiled at me and looked at me like she felt sorry for my poor confused mind.
"You need to EAT your activity points!" she exclaimed.
"Uh, I do?" I asked....looking dumb.
"Yes. You aren't eating enough. You are starving your body and it's holding onto everything you put into it. Try eating all your activity points this week....I really think that will work for you." Then she handed me my papers and I walked away......dumbfounded.
I'm sure not drinking all my water had a lot to do with the weight gain, but I guess not eating enough was part of the problem, too. I also had popcorn at the movie on Friday night....so that didn't help either. Dang water retaining popcorn.
I'm trying not to let the weight gain get me down. It was probably just water retention anyway and I think my ankles are proof I've got a bit of edema. I have a lot of friends who are supportive and encouraging. Stephanie is making me stick to my word that I will track everything this week. She said it's something she needs to work on too. I tracked yesterday and even planned my meals for the next couple days. I also took back my scale yesterday.......WHEW! It's great to have it out of the house.
This week starts a new week of staying on program and tracking. I sure hope it works....I really need a big loss to motivate me even more.
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How frustrating! (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment