Thursday, April 13, 2006

I'm sick.Again.

I hate being sick. I just want to get better. In the past two weeks I have had another acute case of Rheumatic Fever, pneumonia (still have it) and now I'm starting to feel the "sore throat" that comes with strep. I also have had a biopsy of a subcutaneous nodule on my right leg. The stitches come out next Tuesday and I'll hear the results then. Oh, and the rash I had on my arms...well, it's now on my legs. Wonderful huh?

I'm seeing a new doctor tomorrow. He is an Internal Medicine doctor and I am praying that he will take my case seriously and help me.

Braden has strep again and is on an antibiotic. I must be infecting everyone around me. Some are susceptible to strep and some aren't. The doctors haven't said anything about me being contagious, nor have they told me to quarantine myself, but I feel guilty when I go anywhere.

I was able to speak with a nice lady yesterday who had RF 18 years ago. Her case and mine are almost identical. She was treated quicker and didn't develop the rash or nodules that I have. She was also taken more seriously than I. Her IM doctor had her taking FOUR pills per day of her antibiotic. Mine has me taking ONE. They are the same meds, same dosage, same everything. She took hers for two years. That's how long it took her to really get better. She still suffers from the effects of RF, but has learned to live with it. Feeling better helps her do that.

Me...I'm just stuck in this crappy doctors world and they don't listen to a darn thing I say.

No comments: