Saturday, March 25, 2006

Yes, I am alive.

I haven't journaled for a few weeks.

I've been busy and avoiding doing anything constructive on the computer, I started counseling, started working at the Cafe again on Sunday mornings, was a *single mom* for 4 days and finished spring cleaning all but 2 rooms on my house. The other 2 rooms will wait till Monday and Tuesday. I'm taking Sunday off. I'm beat!

I had a great time in Florida. I came back on the 10th. The weather was perfect the first few days, but then it got pretty windy. I now know that you don't want to be on the beach when the wind kicks up. Thousands of tiny sand grains pelt your skin and there is no where to run for cover.

The weather sucks here. It was nice yesterday and part of today, but now a storm has arrived and the temps are dropping into the low 30's. I want SPRING!!

I went to Weight Watchers the Monday after I returned and used my "No Weigh" pass. This means that they didn't keep track of whatever I lost or gained that week. I didn't expect a 2.2 gain, but figured it was due to water weight and I was right.

Last Monday I stood on the scale...hoping...no...PLEADING with the scale to show a 2.2 lb loss. Not only did the scale give up 2.2 lbs, but it rewarded me with another 1.6 lb loss, too! That's 3.8 lbs. YAY! That puts my overall Weight Watchers weight loss at 14 lbs even. Since I was on day 3 of my cycle last Monday, I am hoping to reach at least 215 this week.

I can already feel the difference in my clothes, but I don't see it on the outside yet. In my attempt to spring clean, while Rob was attending the Purpose Driven Youth Conference in California, I packed away most of my 3X shirts and 2X sweaters. They were big for me to begin with, but I always bought 3X because of the shrinkage factor, my humongous boobs and because I hate my belly. It feels good to get rid of the shirts/sweaters for good. Normally, I'd be packing them away in a box and labeling it "Lorri's Winter *2-3X*".

Haha! This box is labeled, "CHARITY".

I will NOT be wearing these clothes next winter.

I'm hoping to be in a size 13 pant (or smaller) and if God blesses me with smaller boobs, a size L shirt. Either way, I won't be in size 2X or 3X.

This week, I put on an Old Navy size 20 (low cut, ick!) pair of jeans that I purchased 2-3 years ago when they started carrying size 20's. A month ago I couldn't even zip them up without sucking in (if that!). Now, I fit into them and they are roomy. I do hate the low cut waist though.

At the beginning of March, my mom bought me a pair of awesome capri's in Florida. We had to have them shipped to my house because they didn't have a size 18 at the store and the 20's I tried on fit me perfectly, so naturally, I wanted something that would not be falling down in a month. When I tried them on, I had a huge smile on my face because I could actually wear them ALL day and be comfortable. Thursday, I wore them out to dinner with my mom and they were roomy.

I find that amazing and yet, it's a little hard to grasp. I'm having a hard time letting go of my 22 jeans. I haven't even worn them for 2 weeks and I'm nervous to try them on. Not that they will be too big and fall down, but that they won't be too big. I'm keeping one pair for reference, but I'm not ready to put them on yet. Any psychology majors out there? This paragraph seems like something you would enjoy chewing on.

As far as Weight Watchers (the program) goes, I have not been tracking my points. I guess I've been getting a bit cocky in my ability to do the WW program sans tracking. I've been trying to estimate point values and well, um.....trying to use my brain (that can't remember where the car keys are) to keep a running total of my daily points. That's not a good thing.

Personally, I know I've done quite well this week, but I'm not sure how many flex points I have left and that can be a bad thing on both ends. It's too late to start tracking since Monday is the start of my new week, but next week I really must start tracking again.

We ordered pizza tonight and I was quite pleased that I only ate 2 slices (one large, one small) of Taco Pizza from Godfather's. I didn't have any dessert pizza and I ate 1.5 small crusts from Caleb's plate. I love the crust. I could eat the ends of everyones pizza and not touch the rest of the "slice"and be a completely happy woman. lol Oh, I didn't use any ranch sauce for dipping either!!

A few things I learned these past few weeks:

1. Diet Dr. Pepper tastes JUST like regular Dr. Pepper!!! YUM!!! Must be careful!!

2. It *is* possible to drink diet coke without gagging. Diet Coke with Lime is better.

3. Smart Ones Ravioli is scrumptious.

4. Even though a Smart Ones didn't *cut it* when I first started Weight Watchers, it does now and is actually quite filling.

5. Swimming laps in the pool feels GOOD...now to find the time without kids. OY!

6. Spring cleaning the "Lorri Way", takes at least a whole week (if not longer).

7. It's much easier to clean when Rob isn't home.

Well, I'm off to bed. I have to work at 7:30 am and then my mom is making us Corned Beef & Cabbage. YUM!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud you!!! I was thinking about our conversation about "do you see your loss yet". I know I told you I could *definitely* see it in your face. But now reflecting more, it's not just the weight loss that has changed your face. I hadn't seen you in awhile before those first WW meetings and I was kind of shocked at how sad and defeated you looked. Now you are smiling and alive again. It's not just the weight loss.. it's like you've got your fight back! :) I can also see this reflected in the tone of your blog posts. Did I mention how proud I am of you!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Lorri I'm so proud of you! I was getting worried about you too being MIA for so long!

It's wonderful to have you back online! You have truly been missed.

God Bless