Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Robin's 5'er Questions

To play go to: Robin's 5'er

Robin's instructions: Now for the game. If you want to play all you do is cut and paste these questions into your journal. When you have answered them come back and leave a link in my comment section. On the following Friday I will post your links and a new set ofquestions! Have fun!


1. Do you already have your Christmas tree up? If so when did you put it up? If not when will you put it up?

I do not have my Christmas tree up yet. I usually get around to it the first week of December....although, we are painting at the moment, so I imagine the tree should be up sometime before December 25th. I hope.

2. Do you have any particular theme when it comes to decorating your tree? Maybe you do all Disney ornaments? Only blue lights? Tell us how you decorate your tree. Kudos if you have a picture and post it.

No specific theme. I have tons of ornaments that I made when I was a little girl, so those are fun to pull out every year. I'll post a pic when I get my digital camera, which will be Christmas day!! Shhh!

3. What is your all time favorite ornament? Only one. Kudos again if you have a picture and post it.

I'm not sure...I'll answer this when the tree is up and I remember what ornaments we actually have.

4. How many stockings do you hang and are any of them for pets? And...where do you hang them? (Not everyone has a fireplace)

My husbands tradition was to put it on a chair/couch. Apparently, his family didn't have a mantle or bookshelf to hang it from. Growing up, we hung ours on the bookshelves that were right next to our fireplace (no mantle). Sometimes we hang them up for our kids, other times we lay them on the couch. I guess it just depends who wins that little tiff on Christmas Eve.

5. Tell us about one of your Christmas traditions.

One of our Christmas traditions is to read the story of the birth of Christ from the Bible and then from a Children's Bible or book. Another favorite is to drive around the valley and look at Christmas lights. Sometimes we divide into teams and play the Christmas light game. You can only count the ones that are on your side of the car....NO CHEATING! If you happen to spot a Griswald house....you get mega bonus points. :D

No comments: